May is Mental Health Awareness Month! And because the pandemic has been in full swing for more than a year now, it is vital that each and everyone of us are aware of the importance of Mental health and its effects on people. Given this scenario, we at Sprout want to answer: how can you maintain your mental & emotional well being?
Here are the 3 steps you can use as a guide:
Being active in your hobbies will take your mind off the things that bother you. A regular exercise can help boost your self esteem and can help you concentrate better, sleep better, eat better, and feel better!
We all know how difficult it is to stay physically active amidst the pandemic and the restrictions of movement, but you can do workouts at home. Sprout Wellness has Yoga programs where you can join online yoga sessions.
Engage in Something You’re Good At
Engaging in something you’re good at will boost your self confidence and will let you find something that you will truly enjoy. Ask yourself, what do you love doing? Is it yoga? Is it cooking?
Reconnect with the things you love and work on them, finding things that you enjoy will alleviate your stress levels and will ultimately help you maintain your mental well being.
It is never a bad thing to ask for counselling or schedule consultations when you feel like you need it. It is important for both your mental and physical well being. As discussed in an article by the Canadian Mental Health Association, Mental and Physical Health are connected in a lot of ways.
They enumerated the following:
- Poor mental health is a risk factor for chronic physical conditions.
- People with serious mental health conditions are at a high risk of experiencing chronic physical conditions.
- People with chronic physical conditions are at high risk of developing poor mental health.
It is no question that you should take care of your mental well being just as much as you do your physical well being. Don’t be afraid to seek help when you feel like you need to.
Here are some benefits of counselling:
- Improved self-acceptance and self-esteem: Having a counselling session will greatly help you with struggles you are facing interpersonally.
- Capability to change self-defeating behaviors and habits: The therapist has a professional license and is professionally equipped to help you change self-defeating behaviors.
- Relief from depression, anxiety, or other mental health conditions: Counselling can greatly relieve your battles with depression, anxiety, and other mental health battles you may be facing.
Sprout crafted a digital holistic software for wellness where you can book your consultations/counselling in one platform. We call it Sprout Wellness, a tool designed to help you boost your mental and physical well being when you need it. A mentally and physically healthy employee is more productive based on research and we at Sprout acknowledge that.
Happy mental health awareness month! Always remember that you are not alone and there are people around you that are always willing to help. Find your people and talk to them, engage in activities with them, and remember the things mentioned above to maintain your mental well being.
We are all here for each other! There will always be help waiting, all you have to do is take the first step.