Sprout Payroll: Support Engineer
The Support Engineer is responsible for providing high-quality technical support for Sprout’s softwares. This person will also work on other programming and documentation projects as required. Support Engineers deliver effective technical customer support to our rapidly growing customer base, delivering solutions to both technical and non-technical end users while also supporting a wide range of technologies. Support Engineers may be required to be on-call on a rotating basis throughout the year.
- Taking ownership of Sprout Payroll technical issues, and working with our Development team to resolve more advanced issues when necessary
- Resolving escalated Sprout Payroll customer complaints without the need for team lead intervention
- Documenting troubleshooting and problem resolution steps
- Providing training of Sprout Payroll to customers as required
- Responsible for providing Sprout Payroll technical support to clients
- Works with QA Team for testing of Bug Fixes, New Features and Enhancements before deployment
- Investigates, debugs and reproduces Sprout Payroll issues, provides fixes and workarounds and verifies changes to ensure continued operability of the software.
- Highlights risk and helps in mitigating the risk from technical aspects.
- Analyzes production issues from business and the application perspective and outlines corrective actions
- Performs impact assessments of the issues and contributes to the Root Cause Analysis of critical issues
- Communicates with the Customer Support to enhance the understanding of customer problems, and verifies that an appropriate resolution has been applied
- Provide customer support to client as required, may it be on site, in our office, via Emails or Video Calls
- Contribute ideas for continuous improvement.
- Help clients become experts by contributing to the product Knowledge Base.
- At least 1 year experience in Philippine payroll.
- Regular Payroll:
- Government mandatory contributions & deductions (SSS, PHIC, Pag-Ibig, and Philippine tax).
- Basic salary, overtime, undertime, and absences.
- 13th Month Computation
- Final Pay Computation
- Alpha List Report Computation
- Tax computation for Annualization
- Able to experience working with a Payroll System
- Good collaboration skills and a team-player attitude.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Excellent English communication skill (verbal & written).
- Good listening and comprehension skills.
- Has a methodical approach in explaining processes.
- Good time management skills.
- Support experience not required but preferred