1. Question: How will we able to book an accommodation for employees when hotels have been advised to not accept any new bookings after March 17?
Answer: We understand where the hotel industry is coming from. The situation that we are in right now remains to be fluid. Perhaps you can provide your employees with other means of safe accommodation.
2. Question: Will DOLE’s financial assistance of Php 5,000 be applicable to employees who are receiving full salary since they are working from home?
Answer: CAMP is applicable only for those affected workers regardless of status.
3. Question: DOLE’s financial assistance of P5,000 will be applicable to employees who are receiving their salaries and still have some leaves? They are currently working from home.
Answer: To confirm, employees who are receiving full salary will not be covered by CAMP.
4. Question: By affected by Covid 19, do we mean those whose salary is reduced?
5. Question: Everyone is on WFH except for one employee (Utility staff) who is on forced leave. Will I just report him since he has no income under the establishment report or do I need to report everyone?
Answer: The advisories do not mention EEs that were put on forced leave prior to their effectiveness.
6. Question: If the business will go for temporary closure, the company will not give salaries to its employees?
Answer: If the reason for temporary closure is because of COVID, non-payment of salaries may be violative of the advisories.
7. Question: What if you have multiple branches in your company and they are located in different areas, are you going to prepare each branch separately and submit it to each dole office that covers your branch?
Answer: Should be applied separately, because application has to be made to the provincial office/field office that has jurisdiction over the branch. Anyways, email addresses of each PO/FO are part of the advisories.
8. Question: Can we have a copy of the Establishment Report Form? Where can we download that form? Thanks
Answer: Check it here: https://www.dole.gov.ph/labor-advisory/ , see annexure of Labor Advisory 12
9. Question: Hi. Is it possible to have some employees affected in B.1 & others B.2
Answer: The CAMP program applies nationwide
10. Question: Do we still need to submit the ERF? Our company is Business As Usual – all employees are WFH. Employees’ salary is not affected. They will still receive their full salary.
Answer: If you are planning to avail of CAMP program – yes. But earlier, DOLE released an advisory, requesting employers that intend to implement WFH to submit a notice to them 1 week prior to its implementation.
11. Question: Can we resend the application? There are mistakes written on the form. Thank you
Answer: Yes, however, request DOLE to acknowledge your revised form.
12. Question: Our office is now on WFH mode. our salary and benefits payout were not affected. Are we still required to report this to DOLE?
Answer: We believe that any implementation of WFH arrangement still requires notification to DOLE based on an earlier advisory.
13. Question: Affected workers refers to workers with Covid19?
Answer: Not necessarily, it includes all employees whose income is reduced by reason of implementing theCOVID advisories.
14. Question: Will they accept submissions in signed with e-signature?
Answer: E-signature should be okay by reason of Electronic commerce act
15. Question: Would DOLE get copies of the business permit, including the application for business permit as reference?
Answer: That’s not part of the listed requirements.
16. Question: Would work from home employees be considered as affected employees
Answer: If there is no interruption – then no.
17. Question: Currently we are implementing work from home and skeletal (alternate MWF/TTHs) all are still being paid of their salaries. Are we required to submit forms?
Answer: Not the CAMP form, but a form notifying DOLE that you will implement a WFH arrangement.
18. Question: Can we send the payroll report from without it being notarized as we are not able to go out
Answer: We don’t know how the DOLE will appreciate an unnotarized report, but if you can justify, it may help.
19. Question: What is the impact of Temporary Closure? Written Notice to Employees, can we do that thru email? Is the reason COVID? Temporary closure is really the last resort.
Answer: DOLE encourages employers to offer other modes of work arrangements.
20. Question: Can the company payroll be submitted by batch? For context, our HR officer actually ran off before lockdown so we need to reconstruct the document needed.
Answer: You can submit only once.
21. Question: How will the 5,000 from DOLE be remitted? Direct to employee or via employer still, in which case employer still needs to find a way to send the money to workers?
Answer: If they have a bank payroll account it will be remitted through banks.
22. Question: So if we will continue to pay all of our employees their full salary, we do not need to file a report for CAMP to DOLE?
Answer: Yes not CAMP. But if you are implementing WFH, then there’s another notice that you need to submit to DOLE a week before your actual implementation
23. Question: Can the company payroll be submitted by batch? For context, our HR officer actually ran off before lockdown so we need to reconstruct the document needed.
Answer: By batch submission should be okay so long as the individual salary is reflected there. The rationale there is that the employees’ salary will not be adversely affected.
24. Question For FWA, the deadline is one week prior to its implementation but the current scenario does not permit us. Will missing the deadline be used against us?
Answer: It should not be. You can justify to dole that you are in good faith compliance, and the situation is really out of your control.
25. Question: I know this is not in relation to the CAMP but just wanted to ask, we have an employee who is assigned to a government unit and they are still operating. He is an onsite support engineer and the nature of his work limits him to perform WFH. Is he allowed to have hazard pay also? How much? Is it at the employer’s discretion?
Answer: Yes, he is entitled to hazard pay. As a matter of fact, this kind of employee is encouraged to continue with their work but hazard pay should be given to him.
26. Question: What is the best practice if you have employees under PUM or PUI? Is there a need to disclose to the other employees?
Answer: What the DOH says is that you should coordinate with your local public health facility and LGU. There should also be immediate vacating and cordoning off of the premises.
27. Question: Can we do forced unpaid leaves?
Answer: The rationale of the advisories is to protect the income and rights of the workers.
28. Question: I will have a mandatory leave without pay effective the succeeding months due to COVID-19, am I eligible for the 5K and is this acceptable to DOLE?
Answer: Without pay? You may be entitled. So long as your employer includes you.
29. Question: In case an employer regularly gives 13th month (prorated) on Mar 30th, will they violate anything (diminution of benefits, etc) if they decide to move the payout date of such (as a cash flow control measure)?
Answer: You might, if the giving of the prorated 13th month has ripened already in a company practice.
30. Question: Can I terminate probationary employees at this time?
Answer: Yes, so long as there is a valid basis. Not because of COVID-19.
31. Question: If the employees are on leave without pay, what can they do regarding their government contributions? Can they pay voluntarily even if they are still connected to a company?
Answer: This is another issue that we need guidance from SSS, PagIbig, PhilHealth. For now, it remains as status quo.