DIRECTLY REPORTS TO:
VP of Product
MAIN AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Product Design Lead helps define and drive the future of Sprout design in all aspects, making sure that the User Experience, User Interface, and Front-end Development are always aligned. They apply passion for brand, craft, and design fidelity to guide throughout the different activities in the design process, mentor talented members of team, provide a lot of feedback to the different outputs of the product design team, make sure that the team is always learning, manage design operations and resource, and collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to ensure consistency across all of Sprout’s products and push for a human-centric and innovative culture across departments.
- Cultivate and evangelize a Human-Centered Design Culture in Sprout, championing HCD across the company and maintaining a collaborative design process.
- Mentor, lead, and grow the product design team composed of UX and UI Product Designers to build usable, valuable, and desirable products for our customers and users and challenge designers to deliver their best work.
- Collaborate with Product Management to build a holistic design strategy that matches the product strategy and vision.
- Create, Iterate, and Manage design strategy and processes for a growing product design team.
- Work directly with the agile sprint teams to present and communicate design concepts within the Product Development Division.
- Work closely across multiple teams at Sprout.
- Be an advocate of Sprout’s design culture and philosophy internally and externally.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the company.
QUALIFICATIONS | COMPETENCIES:
- 5+ years experience in Product Design, including designing for web and mobile.
- Has a track record of being a high achiever.
- Strong empathy for customers.
- Has a good eye for design.
- Good listening and comprehension skills.
- Knowledgeable in various User Research Methodologies, User Interface Design, and their application in Agile environments.
- Ability to facilitate a group of individuals in a room effectively and be assertive in a public environment.
- Strong internal communication skills including ability to work with all levels of the organization (development, product, customer success, marketing, sales).
- Ability to work in a collaborative and fast-changing environment, in a team and individually.
- Ability to understand frontend code is a plus, but not required.