The primary responsibility of the Data Engineer is to transform data into a format that can be easily analyzed. The Data Engineer will be responsible for designing and developing Sprout’s data system, processing and extracting data features and deploying the data science team’s machine learning models. The Data Engineer will support our software engineers, architects and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
- Build, optimize and maintain conceptual, logical and physical database models
- Develop database solutions to store and retrieve information
- Assemble datasets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements
- Build the infrastructure for optimal ETL from a wide variety of data sources
- Monitor data integrity and adopt appropriate tools
- Improve system performance
- Optimize or re-design data architecture to support Sprout’s next generation of products and data initiatives
- Design, develop, test and deploy web service APIs
- Work with Data Scientists to identify future needs and requirements
- Deploy models and algorithms developed by the Data Science team
- Perform other duties as assigned by the company
QUALIFICATIONS | COMPETENCIES:
- Extensive knowledge on databases (SQL and/or NoSQL) and data engineering best practices
- Expertise in SQL and other programming languages(e.g. Python, Java, Scala, shell scripting etc.)
- Experience with data modeling (data warehouse, data lake) and designing data storage schemes
- Familiarity with data engineering and ETL software tools, hadoop, spark, talend, SSAS, etc. is also helpful
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architecture and datasets
- Experience in software development
- Experience with Azure
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI or Google Data Studio)
- Familiarity with agile development as a project management methodology is a plus
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Must be self-motivated and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products
- A good team player and willingness to learn
- Strong innate desire and proven track record of continuous self-improvement (in learning, job expansion, extracurricular activities, etc.)
Sprout Solutions is proud to be recognized as a Great Place To Work Certified organization
- Before we can proceed with the application, this is to confirm that you voluntarily give your consent to the following:
1. I Intend to apply for a position with Sprout Solutions Inc.
2. I voluntarily sent / will send my CV to Sprout Solutions Inc.
3. I agree to the processing of my personal and sensitive Information for facilitating my application with Sprout Solutions Inc., In accordance with Sprout Solutions Inc. Privacy Statement and the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
4. I agree to be contacted by Sprout Solutions Inc. and it's 3rd Party Reference provider for the purpose of processing my Job Application.
Sprout Solutions provides equal Opportunity Employment and Welcomes applications from all sectors of the society. Discrimination on the basis of race, religion, age, nationality, ethnicity, gender, citizenship, civil partnership status, or any other grounds as protected by law.